Hello dear reader,
I have some exciting news! Vohn’s Vittles has been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
A massive thank you to the lovely Jacqui who blogs over at Good Food Seeking for nominating me. Jacqui has a lovely blog and is a dab hand at making awesome cake decorations. Here’s a link to some of her recent bakes. My favourite is her Science Lab Cake – I just love her little science dude!
It is so lovely to receive an award from a fellow-blogger. It was such a wonderful surprise and came in the same week as my Christmas Pudding Truffles received over 3000 views in one day!
It even came in just before my crazy Doctor Who week, which was indeed versatile!
So now, in my turn, I nominate 15 other bloggers who I feel deserve the Versatile Blogger Award. I read so many blogs it is very hard to choose, so I am choosing the blogs that bring me back time and again to see what they have been up to…
Adventures of a London Kiwi by Emma
Belleau Kitchen by Dominic
Conservation Bytes by Corey
Edinburgh Foody by Danielle and Caroline
Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary by Elizabeth
Gertie’s Blog for Better Sewing by Gretchen (Gertie)
Kitchen Counter Culture by Annie
Not Quite Nigella by Lorraine
Lavender and Lovage by Karen
Redefine Creativity by Alica
The Anxious Gardener by David
The Flexi Foodie by Julie
The High Heel Gourmet by Miranti
Things We Make by Ed and Claire
Tinned Tomatoes by Jacqueline
Apparently, I have to also give seven random facts about myself!
1) My secret (not so secret any more – oops) guilty pleasure is Sweet and Sour Supernoodles on buttered Oat and Barley Toast, sprinkled with grated mature Cheddar cheese.
2) I am intolerant to chocolate, which gives me big horrible lumps. I am not good with moderation, so I try to practice abstinence. I do occasionally give in and succumb to a chocolate-fest which I always regret a few days later!
3) I am 40 years old, with grown-up step-daughters and a 7 year old grandson! He calls me Nana. I love him an awful lot.
4) I have been very unwell with M.E. and unable to work for over a year. This illness is horrible with aching fatigue, aching body and a problem getting deep, restorative sleep. Thankfully resting and pacing myself seems to be working and I am on the mend.
5) Cooking and blogging keep me sane and allow me to do some prep/ some resting/ some cooking/ some resting/ some writing/ some resting, whenever I am well enough (see number 4)
6) I love to garden but have been finding it a bit of a struggle the past couple of years (see number 4). I am slowly getting back out there to tame my now-wilderness.
7) I love to go on long walks with Mr Vohn but haven’t done this for ages (see number 4). Hopefully in the spring!
Thanks again to Jacqui for nominating Vohn’s Vittles! I am so touched Jacqui!